The Towner Family

The Towner Family

Happiness Is Being Married to Your Best Friend

Friday, February 6, 2009

Cancun, Mexico Highlights









Chad and I had a blast in Cancun Mexico. We went with the company that he works for from January 27- February 2. Thanks to all of Chad's hard work we were fortunate to go to Mexico again. We stayed at a really classy resort, The RIU. It was so nice! Thanks Chad for the best time ever! I love you soooo much. We have been very blessed to have been to Mexico 4 times in the last year and a half. We love it. I love traveling, it is so much fun. We have now been to Mexico 5 times together counting the cruise that our families went on fall of 2oo6. Here are the highlights of our trip . The first day we went scuba diving, it was awesome because we did our first night dive. It wasn't all that creepy like I thought. It was cool to be down under with flash lights in the black out. You never knew what your light would come across. I saw the biggest parrot fish hiding out in the rock, a sting ray, a shark! yeah that is right. It was freaky because it was coming straight for me because I was shinning the light right on it. The shark wasn't too intimidating though because it was a Nerr Shark and they are not threatening because they don't have teeth, but it was a pretty good size. We saw some amazing fish. Chad saw an octopus hiding out. I loved sailing out on the open ocean on the Hobie Cats just Chad and I. The next day we went to Tulum and saw the ancient sites that are post Book of Mormon times, after Christ. This was my second time there. We had a really neat tour guide named Alma she was awesome because she was a member of the church and gave great insight relating to the church. We then went snorkling at Akumal. We had the sweetest water proof camera case so Chad took some sweet pictures under water. We saw a huge sea turtle. This place is way fun. Another highlight was when we played ultimate football in the pool with everyone while it was raining. We didn't let the bad weather that day ruin our fun. We also played water volley ball which is a blast. It was just so nice to get away and be in that environment with warm weather, in good company relaxing on the beach. Loved It!! We had fun chilling with Chad's co-workers too. They are all way cool.

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like an amazing trip! I can't believe you saw a shark..aaaaah! I would have still been freaked out (even though it didn't have teeth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous- I bet it was so nice to get away! Scuba diving has to be one of the greatest adventures ever, I love the pics. We need to get together soon now that you guys are back. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had fun!!! What are yall doing for the summer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear you guys are always traveling? I think you should pick Hawaii as your next destination!! Free stay! Eh? I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're so jealous of you guys!! How's the house hunting coming?? And when do we get to see your faces!

    ReplyDelete