The Towner Family

The Towner Family

Happiness Is Being Married to Your Best Friend

Friday, April 6, 2012

Blendtec Breakfast


Nothing like a yummy and healthy smoothie in the morning. I make one of these green smoothies every morning since I got my new blender. My blendtec has changed my life:)









This was the best Valentines gift from my hubby! Thanks babe! I am not the only one that loves these smoothies. I love Jude's green face! He can't get enough of it! I can't tell what Jude loves more the smoothie or drinking out of a straw! Ha ha!








I really am grateful for this blender because our family has been eating better ever since I got it.
Go ahead and trying making your own green smoothies and drinks especially if you are not a salad lover, you will be glad that you did. You don't need a fancy blender either to make these yummy drinks. It is amazing how much better I feel and how much energy I have when I fuel my body with the foods that it needs. The more healthy food you put into your body the more you will crave it and want it. The other day Chad told me that he missed his green drinks in the morning and that he has been going through withdrawals and that he hasn't felt as good.

This green drink really does taste better than it may look if you balance it with the perfect amount of fruit and veggies. This smoothie is a darker green because I added a cup of frozen berries to it.

In this drink I put in: a pear, 3 cuties, the little clementines, a cup of berries, 1 cup of orange juice, 1 slice of a lime, 1 frozen banana and about 2 cups of greens maybe a little more. I did a mixture of kale and spinach.

I like to use kale because it has the most nutrients than any other green plant. It is high in several important nutrients but it is mostly known for its B vitamins and vitamins A, C, K and E. It is rich in the minerals iron and calcium. Kale has a distinct taste, it doesn't taste as good as spinach does in a green drink. It kind of has a broccoli taste to it. By adding a little bit of lime to the smoothie makes it taste better. You can hardly taste the kale when I add in lime. Spinach is also a good source of calcium, iron, the vitamins B, folate, K, A and protein. Plants do have protein, you don't have to get it from animal products.

- Posted using BlogPress from
my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I want a blendtec so bad! Are you still teaching Zumba classes? I'm moving next month so if you are I wanna come!!

    ReplyDelete